Monday, June 04, 2007

Slideshow! :)

Last weekend I shot a sweet wedding up at the Dolphin Bay in Pismo. Such a rockin' place and Scott Corridan did the design of the wedding so we knew it was gonna be stellar.

I also did something that I've never done before and that was I let my 2nd shooter, Kristin Renee, put in EVERY shot she picked for the slideshow! Typically I grab all the shots of mine that I want to use and get them stoked out with Showit Effects and then if there is time the other shooters can go through their shots. So in the past I've always brought along great photographers but they'll come back to me with a selection of like 80 shots and so then I'll go through and pick out the ones I want to use...but every shot that Kristin picked was so good I couldn't even thin it down so 12 or 13 of these are hers.

16 comments:

Andrew Barlow said...

Dude, those shots are so tight!!! wow... that reception looks crazy!!! Lovin' the disco pants... lol Rock On Bro!!!!

jessicaclaire said...

Wait, is that the funky hippeez? they played a wedding i shot last year--it totally looks like them.

|| davidjay || said...

YEA! It is the Funky Hippeez!!!! That's so crazy!!! They were so awesome!

Jessica you need a picture on your blogger profile so we can see your pretty face when you post!

Ron Dawson said...

I think it's great you gave the opportunity and props to your second shooter. A sign of a good manager/boss/leader is someone who let's his people shine and instills their trust and loyalty. Good for you and great work.

Eric McCarty said...

DJ just posted at 8:30 on Monday morning. This physical training stuff has your schedule all out of whack, hombre. Go back to bed.

|| davidjay || said...

LOL - dude -I'm up at 6am nearly every day now! I love it!

Unknown said...

You Rocked againg dude as allways......

Victoria said...

that is HI-larious! That cake is crazy!

Nicholaus Haskins said...

You guys did a frikking fantastic job! Man that reception looked nuts!

Nick

Keats Elliott Photography said...

dj -- one of my absolute favorite things about you -- is MUSIC! i love that you love it -- and that you chose it so well.

Michael Juiliano said...

nice teamwork. your shots are very complimentary of each other.

Jasmine said...

I saw the slideshow on your newsletter and I was blown away yet again...SO awesome! :)

Fed said...

Way to be a Love Cat DJ.
Both you and Kristin did a great job.

Unknown said...

you did a great job as always.
i love the new slideshow. I tried a sample. Works great!

Mike Larson said...

Dolphin bay is a sweet place, we are just around the corner, but SWEETER images you have! nice work man!

SamTheMan said...

Niiiiiiiiccccccccceeeeeeeee!