Saturday, June 02, 2007

Online Social Media Stuff

Two BIG announcements in the Online Social Media world this week!


1st - Cut Frame.TV (formerly SimplePhoto.tv) has added some key functionality that will now allow the view count to increase on embedded shows - I have sent them lots of hate mail about this. :)...Go here to see the rest of the updates!

Cut Frame.TV has definitely been my choice for posting and browsing videos because of it's "Nicheness" and the quality of the videos is better.

I hope their next update holds the aspect ratio of 16x9 videos and has a b/w semi-transparent branding to it. We all know that the viewers eye will go first to the brightest and then the warmest area of an image and so SPM's branding has red and white in it so it's kind of distracting whereas YouTube's is bigger but it's semi-transparent.


2nd - This might be a Mike Tyson type knockout for many of the other online social media sites out there. Apple and YouTube have teamed up to allow for displaying of YouTube videos through Apple TV.

I just got my TV shipped in. Thank you to the Barlow Fam for taking good care of it for me. :) ....and I'll probably be getting the Apple TV setup today and to be able to display YouTube videos on there is very very very cool.

5 comments:

kennykimdotcom said...

DJ, this stuff is way over my head. You're going to have to explain this to me in person one of these days! Why is Santa barbara so far from LA? I would've drove up to visit but I don't think I'll have time. :-(

Sarah Renée said...

Haha, seriously DJ...teach us your ways oh wise one! lol

Dane Sanders said...

The 16x9 aspect ratio and the more transparent logo are both in the works along with the new player that's coming out in a few weeks. When we update it, all the videos embedded around the internet will update as well so your existing Cut Frame videos will just keep enhancing.

Keep the hate mail coming DJ :) ... we'll just keep upgrading until you (and everybody else) is happy ... which means we'll just keep upgrading!

BTW, I just did an interview for Rangefinder on using technology to help connect people, both clients and colleagues, and it was so fun to talk about how Cut Frame was just a natural outgrowth of the peeps on OSP. So fun!

|| davidjay || said...

Rock on!!! :) I'm stoked!

Kenny - I usually ask myself why I live so close to LA! LOL....

Ron Dawson said...

Dane and his folks at Cut Frame are on top of it. I like what they're doiing. And thanks for joining in the 16x9 ratio campaign. ;-)