Sunday, June 10, 2007

Back to Paris!

I've confirmed my next workshop in Paris with Planche Contact! It's at the Paris Apple headquarters so that's pretty cool and it's during the 2nd week in July. It will fill up fast because it's a live translation workshop so English and French speakers are both invited! It will be funny to talk to people wearing headphones.

I have a wedding in Tennessee on the 7th and then I'll grab a flight the next morning to get into Paris on the 9th and start the workshop on the 10th. Canon Explorer of light and Oprah's photographer Bob Davis will be tag teaming this with me so that will be super fun! Bob's been one of my inspirations over the years and I'm stoked to get to do a workshop with him.

Click here to read a little more...it's a rough english translation but it's kinda cool and sign up quick if you wanna come. I may not be back to Europe again this year because I have lots of projects to work on here

....and if you're bored click here and watch this sick video! You won't regret it. All the good shots are Swan's but all the video is of meeeee! :)

You'll notice me sporting my Shootsac and I can't even begin to tell you all how much I love it. This was the greatest addition (substitution) to my gear bag in years. I'm not joking - get one!
.

16 comments:

Jules said...

Do you mean Oprah?

|| davidjay || said...

LOL...I dunno what you're talking about...I would NEVER misspell Oprah's name. ;)

Emmanuel Speciale said...

Welcome home, see you in paris !
ça va être génial !!

david bornais said...

Yes !

That's a great news and I'm very happy to see you again next month.
I hope you have made progress in french :)

I hope you'll bring your new toy :)

David@Lyon

Nicholaus Haskins said...

Awesome video!

jessicaclaire said...

<3 <3 <3

jess

Natalie Joy said...

WOW! That is a seriously awesome video!!!...love the song!
:)

Shannon said...

fabulous video.

Sarah Barlow said...

Oh!!! What a sweeeeeet video!! The song goes perfect with it too!! :)

Sarah Renée said...

Ohhh my goooosshhhhh......!!! That video is so stinkin' AMAZING! I was pretty much smiling the whole time at how beautifully the pictures & video were flowing together....ahhhhhhhh so cool! lol

oh technology...

Darrell Duggan said...

got error when I clicked to watch video...

Mary Marantz said...

omg...that video ROCKS!! you're amazing!

M:)

Anita Matejka Photography said...

That video was amazing! It was so fun to watch you work ... leaves me with many questions! Like how do you get the right thing in focus when you hold the camera up high and just click! That's cool! Thanks for sharing!

Zoë said...

Great Video! I love videos that mix the behind the scenes with the final result... (which is why I like America's next top model and project runway!) Fabulous Job!

|| davidjay || said...

Thanks everyone!!! :) I'll certainly pass along your compliments to Brett and Swan - they were the real magicians that day!

JenKief said...

Dang! We'll be in Paris two weeks later. It would've been fun to see you there!