Monday, July 31, 2006

Stacey and Hugh :)

Last weekend I had the chance to shoot a wedding in Birmingham, Michigan and what a beautiful place it was. I know Michigan gets a bad rap but where I was it was gorgeous and had a nice little downtown area that I had a chance to poke around in and get some Thai food which I love. :)

Anyway, the wedding was for a friend of my assistant Kristin and it's a bride that went to Brooks and is an amazing photographer so I was a bit intimidated and I know she was really focused on the photos which adds an extra bit of stress to the day but as soon as she saw the slideshow she came running over and gave me a huge hug and I was so happy that she was happy...and then she asked if I was available for a wedding the first weekend of September b/c her sister was gonna bail on her wedding photographer and hire me...I was booked already but I always think that's funny when people do that and it happens quite often and happened at almost every wedding back when I was charging 1-2k.



Currently I'm back at O'hare b/c I had to hit the hub before heading out to Pittsburgh - then NY and then Tennessee and I'm super excited about Tennessee because lots of friends will be there and I'm convinced that I'll marry a singer so I'm gonna stay in TN an extra day and see if I can find any single singers out there.


***Here's the slideshow! Yea!***

:) Enjoy!

27 comments:

Alison B. said...

we are SUPER excited about you staying in Tennessee. i will hook you up with all the singers I know. See you Thursday!

Kevin Von Qualen said...

AWESOME!!!

dude. don't know what to say.

shumba dapbam ba doo nup

I think that means SWEET!!

Dane Sanders said...

lol ... ya ... i know a singer too ...

|| davidjay || said...

hook a brudda up! :)

Sarah Barlow said...

Oh man DJ! The BG's won't be in Nashville this week:( hehe!!

Just can't get away from Chicago huh? You must know O'Hare REALLY well by now! lol!

Love the slideshow! :)

|| davidjay || said...

Tell them there are good deals on United and they have till Saturday! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome slideshow:)
I guess I shouldn't pray for you to get stuck at O'Hare again?? the Tenneseans would be pretty mad with me...:) lol
Hope you find "that" singer!

|| davidjay || said...

O'hare is becoming my 3rd home...after my apt in SB and "The Olivia Suite" :)

|| davidjay || said...

Natalie! Where you really praying for that! Shame on you!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

HAHA!!! we will....although we probably wont see them till the thirteenth when you come in...;)

Anonymous said...

no...I wasnt...I didnt even know you were in town..till i heard we were picking you up from the airport:) i would never be mean like that..;)

|| davidjay || said...

13 is my lucky number! :)

...and how far in advance do I need to book the Olivia Suite?

amynave said...

Give Nathan, Amber, and the kids the biggest hug for me:)

I almost went but I'll probabaly go around Christmas:) HEHE!!!!

Anne said...

Who says Michigan has a bad rap? I'll kick their.... soccerball, take them out for great middle eastern food, and then serve up the best apple pie ever. ;-) I missed Sara France when she was in town, now you... so sad. Maybe Chicago?

Brett Austin said...

So, how's the Red Carpet Club there in Chicago? Do they have extra comfy chairs for all those stranded travellers?

You know I know there is a singer/songwriter out there in Nashville. Say hi to her for me while you're there!

Anonymous said...

DJ you've already been booked for "The Olivia Suite" for awhile now! :) Just let us know how many nights you want to book!! hehe!

Sarah Barlow said...

Yeah..and just let us know when the limo service should come to pick you up;)

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Or...is it that Olivia has been staying in the DJ suite?

Sarah Renée said...

DJ! If you come to Nashville after August 18th come visit me I go to the biggest music school in the South! You can pick whatever singer you want! lol

Chris Humphreys said...

Michigan gets a bad rap?! What?!

That's like my favorite state! :)

AMAZING stuff DJ as always. I'm so awed by your work!

|| davidjay || said...

Sarah R - I'm staying at the Sheraton Music City Hotel is that anywhere near your school.... If so I'll be sure to peek around. ;)

Holritz Photography said...

Yay!!!!! Can we do breakfast on Friday!?

amber

Liana said...

Bummer I'll just miss all the TN fun... fly into Memphis on Sunday! We'll all have to make up for it in Sept I guess in Cali :)

Is that Kristin (lilshap) in the pics/wedding??

|| davidjay || said...

Amber! Yea!

Jim Davis Hicks said...

send the michigan sister to you ohio friend and i'll buy you a big ole plate of thai!! i so love thai, we'll have to get some.

jim

Holritz Photography said...

Hey David! Looking foward to Thursday and Friday!

Great shot of the b&g back-lit!

- Nathan

Jasmine said...

DJ...what an awesome slideshow!
Have funwith all the traveling, but make sure to take some time to rest! :)