Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Home - YEA!!! :)

Well I just got home to Santa Barbara and I'm very excited. One of my favorite things in the world is coming back home to Santa Barbara and being able live here. I seriously feel like I'm on vacation all the time.

Anyway - just wanted to pay tribute to my traveling warriors.


Sara France (who took all the good shots in the slideshow) and Brett Austin were champs and I don't think I would have ever made it outside of the U.S. if it wasn't for them. They made this trip happen and it was so fun to hang with them for two weeks (shhh...we were gone longer than two weeks ;)


Here is us showing how tired we were after the long flights



...but ya know what the flights really weren't bad at all. Both on the way there and the way back it felt like maybe a couple of hours of traveling. I'm gonna go sleep some now and probably wake up and not be jet lagged at all.

12 comments:

amynave said...

Glad you guys are home safe:)

Keats Elliott Photography said...

Amy says flying first class is the answer to jet lag.... I hope she's right :) Get some extra sleep just in case.

Certainly -don't listen to us -- we just got off the phone (2:20 am) and we have NO good excuse -- except maybe that we are night owls and BIG thinkers.

Ditto on the glad you guys are home.

|| davidjay || said...

Haha...you girls are so funny! :) Keep thinking BIG!!!

...and Amy's right...we were so lucky to be able to fly Business class and it makes all the difference in the world when making a long flight like that.

Jasmine said...

Welcome BACK, DJ!! The United States isn't the same without you! :)

Deyl said...

did they have wireless internet on the flight? lufthansa had wireless on the whole flight back for like $20! i'd never seen that!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home DJ!!
cant wait to see the pics and videos and here all the stories!

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back with us. Hope you had a great time!!! We can't wait to see you again. Maybe a late night trip to SB some soon day???

Alison B. said...

welcome back!

Sarah Barlow said...

Yeah!! Welcome back to the US...from the Dominican!!! hehe!!

The Alpha Course said...

Gald you made it home safely

Kevin Sturm said...

We have to hook up while you are in town. I'm in NY getting ready to head into Times Square, but if you are in for a couple of days lets do dinner.

Sara France Photography said...

Loved this photo so much that I had to steal it for my blog. Hope you do not mind. Your face most portraited how I was feeling. 2 days of traveling to get home. I was beat! Was I the only one waking up at 2am this morning? I had so much fun! ciao!