Monday, October 08, 2007

Crystal is more valuable than diamonds.



I've worked with several amazing photographers, many incredible programmers and videographers and there is no doubt in my mind that my friend Crystal will be playing the most important role in making sure that my businesses and my life keep moving in the right direction - which of course is that of freedom. :)

I met Crystal a little over a year ago through Gary and Missy Fong on a trip to Catalina and then had the chance to go out and work with her at the Alive Festival. She felt like it was time for a change of pace so she uprooted her life in Ohio to manage my life out here in Santa Barbara!



She's only been here a few weeks and has already made a world of difference and this past weekend she did one of the things she is brilliant at which is host a party! Some of you know she was the wedding coordinator for Gary and Missy's incredible wedding and after seeing her put on that show I knew we were going to be able to host some sweet parties...and last night we did.

It wasn't the official house warming party so don't trip out if you didn't get invited. It was an alumni party for all of my friends who I went to Westmont with and I don't know how many ended up coming but probably 60 people and it was soooooo much fun! We picked out bottles of wine from every country we could find and ordered sushi from Sakana to have alongside all the yummy treats that Crystal and Jasmine made.



My dear friend, client, and ridiculously awesome photographer Jasmine Star came up for the weekend and helped out a lot too - including taking all these gorgeous photos. Jasmine also wrote a sweet note on her blog about how blessed I am and she is spot on about that and a huge reason I feel blessed is because I have friends like her in my life.

Life is so short but can be made so sweet by surrounding yourself with the right people and I am very thankful to have the luxury to work with my friends.

10 comments:

Gary Fong, Author said...

Crystal is one of the most wonderful people in the entire world. Having her in the room just makes you feel better about being on the planet.

Matt Hall said...

Funny...after reading the title I had to skip to the end to see if DJ gave Crystal a diamond. I guess I was rushing things, that is a later post.

Dane Sanders said...

couldn't agree more ... on all counts.

kennykimdotcom said...

your place is looking better and better! This is awesome. :-) Congrats on your newest addition to Team DJ!

Jasmine said...

Please clone Crystal...I want an exact replica to live with me!! :)

Shannon said...

I LOVE the cacti!!!!
staying true to your roots---that's right boy!

Deyl said...

Paige and I are saving up so we can make her a better offer...

Crystal you make a mean brownie!

faithsalutes said...

The Cacti make me happy.

faithsalutes said...

the cacti make me happy.

the assistant said...

All of you are to sweet! Thank you so much. But don't let DJ full you..he has a few tricks up his sleeves too.