Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Back to School



I was really excited to go and chat with the marketing class at Westmont today and share my story with them.

I wanted to challenge them not to sacrifice happiness for a sense of certainty. Uncertainty is inevitable and so why not be happy and pursue something with purpose and passion!

I actually think some of them were not into my philosophies but it was an 8am class so I can't blame them for being a bit out of it...and at all my talks I tend to go a bit overboard on the philosophies and not give enough practical "How to" but I'd rather error on that side... and it was the first time I talked about my new Get-FIT idea.

FIT stands for Flexibility - Income - Time which are what Tim Ferris would call "Freedom Multipliers"

I had a great time and all the pretty faces made the experience worth it. If you want to listen to a good song click on Ben Harper's "Forever" in my little audio player to the right and listen to the words.

People spend so much time
every single day
running 'round all over town
giving their forever away.

Don't give away your forever.

7 comments:

rmcphoto said...

I love what you challenged the class with. I have sacrificed happiness the past 5 years hoping for certainty, only to find uncertainty. I am now choosing to accept uncertainty to hopefully find happiness by pursuing my passion. I posted my story of my crazy week last week on OSP.

Hopefully when I get settled in LA I can come check our Santa Barbara.

Jessica Del Vecchio said...

I love those lyrics! It should be your theme song!

J said...

"I wanted to challenge them not to sacrifice happiness for a sense of certainty. Uncertainty is inevitable and so why not be happy and pursue something with purpose and passion!"
Exactly...Em signed on a new studio, so next time you are in town...you will have to check it out!

See you in NY?

kennykimdotcom said...

Next time you speak at an 8am lecture, you should bring in dunkin donuts & coffee for everyone. Then they'll listen to ya!

Jason Swift said...

The kid thats front row, right side in the red hoodie doesn't look very happy.

Jen Kroll said...

"I wanted to challenge them not to sacrifice happiness for a sense of certainty. Uncertainty is inevitable and so why not be happy and pursue something with purpose and passion!"

Amen. Look at you becoming quotable... :)

Anonymous said...

Now I see where you meet Allie about six months ago!

Congrats you two, you guys make a gorgeous couple!