Friday, April 13, 2007

Start of Training

On the flight in I flew from Frankfurt right over the Swiss Alps and they are amazing.


Switzerland is so cool. I really like it here. It reminds me so much of Santa Barbara b/c of the way the mountains kinda surround the water. This is a pano shot I just took this morning. I'm styaying at the President Wilson Hotel and it's right on Lake Geneva so there was this gorgeous sunrise this morning. I feel very grateful to be able to experience all these things.



I started training this morning...I can't believe it. I feel really good I LOVE exercising (not really but I'm trying to trick myself into liking it even a little bit)




This morning after I exercised I just sat and had breakfast for two hours and read the newspaper. Starwood hotels here in Europe have the most amazing breakfast buffets and what's funny is that I'm not much of a breakfast person so I never knew that but when I was in France Vanessa got up and went to one and now I never miss them! My friend Jason Lanier is a big wig at Starwood and he told me about Starwoods new venture of condos called Aloft and if they have breakfasts like their hotels I want one.

Gotta go roam the streets a bit. There are so many cool textures here and so I'm taking pictures of them and then seeing how they look on top of other pictures and it's so cool! I can't wait to show you guys!

15 comments:

Melissa Carl said...

wow... DJ exercising!! ... that would be as amazing as me not taking a nap during the day. SHOCKING!!!

elyssa said...

beautiful scenic shots; very envious, always wanted to go there. a triathlon, really?

Daniel J. Watkins said...

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout...4 minutes of exercise and a TWO HOUR BREAKFAST!!! Woo-hoo! Rock on, DJ!

Andrew Barlow said...

haha hey DJ, I just checked and the "fat men are sexy" option has 32 votes right along with the "Why Not? Pictures of DJ training would increase blog hits ten fold" Option... hmm... lol well anyways, when your in town I'll pace you on your run... if you can keep up! ;) ttys

Shyla said...

I am oh so proud of you Deej!!! woohoo!!!

Natalie Joy said...

oh wow.
Never thought I'd see this! hehe

K.C. said...

Awesome. I just flew into Frankfurt last month and went through Switzerland on my way to Italy. Enjoy your stay.

Deyl said...

yeah, we're friends and all, and we have a great level of trust...

but i want proof that you worked out. maybe a picture of your running shoes, a sweaty shirt...

i think you just had your swiss waitress shoot you waist up while you were eating pancakes :)

Jasmine said...

Woohoo! I'm SO happy for you, Deej!
On a sidenote, I need to figure out how Paige works her magic...she's amazing!! :)

Vanessa said...

That's so funny...I actually thought about the amazing breakfasts in Europe this morning when I was sucking down my GU before a 7:00a.m. swim with Paige and Anna....welcome to our world, DJ :)

ron said...

way to go DJ...I was gonna say you look kinda chunky today...



oooops how do I delete this entry...


: )

Anyway -thanks for the encouragement to get back out there and w/o!

amynave said...

I'm with Deyl, I'll believe it when I see it:P

|| davidjay || said...

Hahaha! You guys think you're funny don't you! I did another 20 minute workout today - Rode 7 miles on the bike and took video while I was doing it for proof!

Now I'm enjoying another 2 hour breakfast! Yum! :)

...then I'm off to Lyon for the next 4 days but I'm gonna do my best to keep up the workout routine there!

Deyl - I'll see if I can get the swiss waitress to confirm my workout.

Mike Larson said...

hey DJ, hit me up when your in pismo in May,

also, sweet video on that sunrise, totally reminds me of a morning sunrise over the Sea of Galilee, so georgous. thanks for sharing.

Sarah Barlow said...

Um...sooo you just left your camera sitting there while you ran??????

nice acting;) lol!





jk!
Once you start training it's SUPER hard to stop because of the adrenaline! Have fun!