Wednesday, April 18, 2007

oops


Oops..., originally uploaded by davidjay13.

So I uh finally got nipped from my lack of travel planning...haha...last night I searched and searched for a hotel for my last night in Switzerland and I thought for sure there was some error because all the sites claimed that none existed. So when I arrived in Geneva I came back to the President Wilson hotel where I stayed last week and asked if they could help me find a room and they searched and searched for me and their is only one bed available in the whole city which was at a dorm style youth hostel!!! Yikes! Once a year there is a huge watch tradeshow that books up all of Geneva and it's this week. Lol



So being that I have to be at the airport at 5am (and I am a big yuppy when it comes to traveling) I was like forget the hostel I will just stay up all night. So today I hung out with Daniel Zihlmann and he showed me some cool places and now it's 12:30am and i'm back at the President Wilson hanging out being a squater in their lounge with a bunch of watch folks! :)



I'm not sure what I'll do when the lounge closes because I'll still have a few hours before I can go to the airport but I will let you know.

14 comments:

Shyla said...

Oh DJ!


[chuckling inside]

Amy's gonna rub this one in. ;)

Tim Co. said...

lol...we've all been there man...

its just part of the journey!

I hope it works out for you. My fav. thing to do in situations like these is exercise - maybe see if u can get into the gym or go float in their pool?

Chris Humphreys said...

LOL! That is SO stinkin hilarious! I love it!

K.C. said...

Adventures are fun:)

Deyl said...

with all the dough you're saving on a hotel room you can probably score me a nice watch.

i'm a big fan of panerai :)

kennykimdotcom said...

This reminds me of the verse in Matthew 6 talking about not to worry about what you will eat, wear, sleep b/c if you seek God's kingdom, he will provide. :-) I guess this is a good time to catch up on backed up email?

you can check out my website too. (shameless plugin ad)

amynave said...

That's what you get for not planning:P

amynave said...

P.S. This was my all time favorite post of yours:) BY FAR!!!!!

Paige Kearin said...

Classic! You'll sleep well on the plane. Try not to drool on the guy or girl next to you.

Daniel J. Watkins said...

We're cut from the same mold...I better run, gotta go finish my taxes...








from 2003. ;P

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Still need to get those Christmas cards in the mail...











BTW -- I'll resist the temptation to remind you to OUTSOURCE your travel planning...

J said...

Damn...what time is it?

Sarah Barlow said...

HAHA!




Hmmm...this sounds vaguely familiar
.....to bad your not in Chicago!

Liana said...

DJ... will you PLEASE go marry some haut sweet travel agent gal already!?!

Yeah, no sympathy from us on this one Mr!

HILARIOUS!