Saturday, April 21, 2007

I am Fast

I try to be humble about things like this but I have to admit that I am just fast and I always have been. :)

Listen to this MP3 from when I was 6 years old. I was fast back then too.

So all of you know that I've been training for this "sprint triathalon" thing and it's so boring. I really think running is like the most boring thing ever and so I'm trying to find ways to make it fun. So my buddy Todd reminded me of the Nike + system that tracks how far you run and then you can race against your friends. So I went out and got one and they are pretty cool.

I also got some personalized shoes so that when I run past everyone they can read on the back that "I AM FAST" - I am already beating my buddy Brett at a race we set up and after the first day he's on the injured reserve list already...what a baby so if any of you have Nike + things then we can setup races together...



10 comments:

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Training? I thought that was voted down...

Natalie Joy said...

hahahah! that was soooooo cute!!!
:)

Sarah Barlow said...

HAHA! So adorable!!

I completely agree, running can be terribly boring!! It took years for me to actually tolerate it and it was like pulling teeth! Running at the right time of day though(sunrise LOL!) and turning the time into more of a devotional time(worship music and talking to God) makes it so incredible and highly addictive! :)

Brett Austin said...

We'll see who has the last laugh!!!

You may be fast... but where's the stamina pal? The story those pictures don't tell... is that it took you 4 different workouts to get ahead like that.

I'll be back out there soon! Look out!

|| davidjay || said...

haha...actually I just stopped to get a drink of water and then got back on the running machine.

Also, I was doing 7:30 miles so that should be my pace but I forgot to hit stop so average pace is counted while I'm stretching! You're going down dude!

amynave said...

HEY, are you boys training for the sprint triathlon on September 30th???????

Deyl said...

wow, it looks like you're beating him by about 1/100 of a mile in terms of distance! nice!

Sarah Renée said...

Hahaha, oh DJ, you and your toys... :-)

Vanessa said...

would it be too obvious to suggest that you get a bike or jump in a pool?

mixing it up= more fun/less boring. kind of the point of a TRI-athlon, i think...

insightful, i know.


p.s. plus, might i add, that you live in a vacation spot...so get off the machine, you crazy!

happy training! ;)

Holritz Photography said...

LOL! Dude, you crack me up!