Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Procrastination

This is one of those blog posts that I don't want to start because I know I can't make it perfect enough. This last weekend I had the third Freedom and Slumber party at my house and wow is all I can say. I can think of only a few other times in my life when I felt this thankful for the work I get to do and I know it has to do with the people who I'm around. The group who came up to this workshop really embraced each other and I know they are already doing incredible things. Speaking of...check out this stellar video Troy Grover put together of the weekend!



This weekend my dear friends Bobby and Lindsay Earle and Jasmine and JD came up and helped out which was such a treat for everyone. Bobby and Lindsay and Brittany Leigh (who's wedding I'll be shooting later this year ... but more on that later) were the hot models and I must say with all humbleness that I still got a little magic left with my camera! ;) Here are two of my favorite shots from this weekend.


I uploaded a bunch of my favorite pics to this facebook gallery but I also uploaded the pics straight out of the camera to this smugmug gallery so you can download the full res versions if you want them and you can even see the camera settings on each image by hovering over the big image and clicking on the "photo info" button.

I miss everyone and I wish I could do these things every weekend.

:)
DJ

7 comments:

Allyson Magda Photography said...

DJ,
If you enjoy shooting these, and they bring you joy, then you should shoo the more often!!! People will hire you and just because you are more in the "photographers' business" than a "photographer" these days, doesn't mean you should deny yourself the joy of what got you there!

Bobby Earle said...

Deej - freaking amazing photos. You make me sick with your spot on exposures and insanely good looking SOOC photos. It's official. I suck :P

Seriously though, I'm really excited to see you make wedding images again. Even if it's just a few of them.

This weekend was way too much fun. I love seeing my friends doing what they are clearly great at doing. You just have a way of making goals seem more attainable. I love it. Too much fun, indeed!

Bobby

Splendid! Photography said...

amazing... really... I would love to come to a freedom/slumber weekend! Do you have dates set for the next one??

amynave said...

You still got it:) Those are awesome!

Melissa said...

I just watched your Free to Succeed DVD and I feel SO incredibly inspired. You're a fabulous speaker and a wonderful entrepenuer and you and Jasmine have given me that extra push I needed to create my brand, excellerage my workflow and JUMP into the business. THANK YOU!

Melissa

Daniel J. Watkins said...

I'm going to be doing a platform presentation on procrastination at next year's WPPI...I was going to do it this year but I never got around to registering so they bumped me for some stupid pet photography class...

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Try the veal...