Friday, February 20, 2009

Lost 4 Pounds in Vegas



Every year I feel like I go to Vegas and turn into a chicken with its
head cut off...but not this year. I owned Vegas instead of letting it
own me. Every night there is party after party and everyone is pulling
and jockying to get me to do this or that and so there is a tremendous
amount of pressure but I've gotten a lot better at saying no...even if
there is no explanation or reason.

Also because we had these great suites with full kitchens we were able
to eat healthy. My sweet friends Annemarie and Shyla picked up food
and I am so craving one of Annemarie's incredible sandwiches right
now. :) yummm. This is such a better way to do it rather than eating out every meal which is super expensive and I usually feel like crap afterwards.

Anyway. I feel good. I need to do better about lifting weights though b/c I'll pick up some weight pretty quick if I do that. I think I should be at 175 but I'm glad I trimmed down a bit and now I'll build it back up with muscle.

12 comments:

Michael said...

nice on staying healthy in vegas... you know the saying though... what happens in vegas, stays in vegas... so good luck bringing you healthy practices back home... you are toast.

ps... squash me?
pps... nice toe nail...

|| davidjay || said...

lol - My nail is slowly growing back. Can you believe how long it takes!

Squash - yea!

Daniel J. Watkins said...

I've gotten pretty good at photoshopping better numbers in on my scale..

emily griffith said...

Congrats on the healthy Vegas week! I had a blast at WPPI but definitely had a junk food week! I just wanted to drop a quick note to say how much I enjoyed your platform presentation with Ron Dawson. I've been a blog reader and fan for awhile but haven't ever commented. Thanks so much for being an inspiration to me and so many! You are an inspiration!

|| davidjay || said...

Emily! Thank you! It means so much to get comments like this. What a blessing you are! Have a great weekend!

Bobby Earle said...

You're losing fat and I'm gaining it... woe is me :P

Annemarie said...

You're too sweet, DJ. Making sandwiches for everyone might have been my highlight of the week! :) Hopefully we can hang out next week in SB, maybe lunch at Brett's. :)

Ginger Murray said...

I think there IS a reason for you saying no to doing some things-- even if it's not a complicated reason-- wouldn't it simply be because you don't want to overbook or overstress yourself?

And yeah, it's always spendy eating in Vegas, and always calorie filled. Good for you for eating healthy. It's easy to gain lbs. in just a week there.

Anonymous said...

Hey DJ,
Glad you are eating healthy! I love to eat healthy too, keeps ya feeling good instead of wearing ya down. I lost a few pounds in Vegas too!

carlie.renee. said...

im also craving one of annamarie's peanut butter white chocolate candies!! so the last night that we stayed in the room there was like 30 of them left!! come on guys, what are you doing to me!?!?!?!

|| davidjay || said...

Haha Carlie! I did my best. I think I ate 30 of them myself! Yikes! Those are definitely sinful!

Anonymous said...

That's great! I always think guys don't worry about their figures the way we gals do. You look great, David, what's ten pounds either way anyway!