Monday, December 22, 2008

I am getting FIT


I haven't been this weight in a long time. I've been running and working out and eating healthier food. I'm seeing more and more how everything is connected and I can't neglect certain areas of my life and expect them not to affect other areas.

With the world in the state that it is in I think we need to be getting into the best shape of our life. We need to be getting more physically fit and that's really the easiest and also more spiritually fit and more emotionally and intellectually fit as well. The end of the year is a good time to think about this past year and how we did in these areas. I know I did really poorly in most of them and I got fat (in a lot of ways) and I got lazy and obviously these weren't what I had hoped for but the important thing is that I can see the results. They weren't the results I wanted but they were results I can learn from and change so that this next year is better.

What is an easy thing that you can start doing today to begin disciplining and developing your mind, body and soul. Might be as simply as committing to reading for few minutes each day....or doing 20 pushups. Don't start HUGE or you'll never stick with it but pick something and commit to doing it every day!

12 comments:

Ginger Murray said...

Baby steps are the way to go!

I did yoga at 2:30am this morning. There's a 2 week plan that i want to try "2 week yoga to a better you" or something like that. I'm starting that within the hour. If I can do something for two weeks, that would be a good thing. Gotta get rid of this chub! (And, I have to finish a book by January 1st... that's my other goal).

Jasmine said...

good grief...the day i post my weight on my blog is the day pigs fly. for real, yo! :)

Bobby Earle said...

Uh oh... DJ's gonna be able to tap fools left in right now that he's got more strength to match the technique!!!

cu4photos said...

LOL...Jasmine, you crack me up! I'm with ya girl...NEVER, EVER will my weight be posted!
Merry Christmas DJ! ~Cindy

|| davidjay || said...

Yea Ginger! I was just looking at some Yoga DVD's at borders! I think Yoga would be good b/c of all the stretching! I don't stretch enough.

I'm gonna see if iTunes has any good workout videos.

Andrew Barlow said...

Dude DJ, Holding 40 helium balloons when you weigh yourself DOESN'T count! ;)

But in all seriousness, I totally agree.
I've been spending between 2 and 3 hours every day at the gym to keep myself in peak form...
I've grown to LOVE it!

Ginger Murray said...

Rodney Yee is suppose to be one of the best for Yoga. It's 2am! Time for my yoga again, haha!

Anonymous said...

I need to get back to journaling on a daily basis. And yes, read! read! read! And I don't mean reading photog blogs. Reach for the book shelf and keep that mind sharp!

jeramy sossaman said...

ok...fine! i'll get back to it. i had started this cycle earlier this year, and have just really gotten lazy the last couple months. i get it, i get it. :-) thanks!

Anonymous said...

OKay I will post my weight when I have a HOT photo to match! You DIG! But once again I am going to work on it in 2009. I know I had a baby 10 months ago and I shouldn't have all this weight. So something "Like a recent Photo" made me sick and motivated to do something. Thanks for your inspirational words on taking small steps! Will do. Have a Great Holiday Season!

Unknown said...

yeay!!!!! on being FIT!!!!!
i workout 5-6 days a week, and i read at least during my lunch hour at work...
it all helps!!!
good for you!!

Josh Stichter said...

Nice! What about starting to play soccer again? I don't workout at all, I just drink Acai.