Saturday, December 27, 2008

Cleaning Day


I had a last minute rental this week so I'm in the apartment for a few days which has been really fun because it's forced me to do things differently than I usually do. It's almost like being in a hotel for a few days. First I went out and got a little space heater b/c it's been cold lately and I'm afraid I'll blow something up if I light the pilot on the heater.

Then today I decided to clean the desk area and I really like it. Everything in the apartment is from my old apartment so it's all dark leather and dark wood where-as the house is lighter wood and a more modern feel.

Then I was gonna go shopping but I decided to try and clean my hat before I left. I didn't really know how to do that so I just filled the sink with some hot water and some fruity smelling soap that Crystal had left over in the shower and when I came back my hat smelled really good! How do you usually clean a hat?

...by the way the brown color is not because the hat was so dirty! :P ... it's the dye that was in the hat coming off. lol. Seriously.

12 comments:

Ronee said...

I have seen my brother clean his hat by putting it in the top shelf of the dish washer...weird, but it works.

faithsalutes said...

Dishwasher is good. I wash Mowgli's in the washing machine and then don't dry...but dishwasher is better.

me@brianmcguckin.com said...

Since it's something you wear, shouldn't it go in the washing machine? That's what I do with mine.

Erebus said...

Oddly enough, it goes in the dishwasher and then air dries (saw it on Martha Stewart once). A washer/dryer are too harsh on it physically while a dishwasher just washes it.

Sublime Studios said...

they make a thing that you put the bill of the hat in to put and then put it in the dishwasher... protects the bill. :)

jason groupp said...

AHA! Forget the hat, now I know that secret product you put in your hair to make it look so PERFECT. LOL

Ginger Murray said...

ewww! Orange sweat!!

jk:)

Unknown said...

Thats the way I clean mine also.

jamiedelaine said...

Ahaha, that's gotta be dirt. ;) But hey, you can probably wash your hat next time by just throwing it in the washing machine; that's what my Mom has done in the past.

Josh Stichter said...

Dishwasher. Put Shout on the forehead part.

cassandra-m said...

belated MERRY CHRISTMAS. Wishing you all the very best in 2009!

Unknown said...

I think hat cleaning can be done in the dishwasher. SERIOUSLY. Aren't there infomercials that have a thing you put your hat in and stick it in w/ your dirty plates? Anyone???? ;-)