Saturday, August 12, 2006

Reunion Wedding!

I love shooting my friends weddings because it's like a big reunion of all my college buddies (and I get paid to be there!...although they do get 1/2 off) but anyway tonight was incredible and I was really stoked for Steve and Cait because they really had an incredible wedding and I had blast. I'll have a slideshow up later but I have a flight to Chicago in 6 hours so I gotta get packed now but here is one of my favorite shots! ...and the trick to getting the little star for the sun is to put your aperature really high like f/22...I didn't know this for the longest time but now I know and it's really fun to do.

11 comments:

Michael Norwood said...

That's awesome!
i've always wondered how to do that... I thought it was a photoshop trick or a filter.

Jessica C. Moritz said...

Nice! Next opportunity I'll try it out. Tnx for always sharing so many ideas and tricks. luv ya for it!

Anonymous said...

I Cant wait!!!
Amazing shot!!

Sarah Barlow said...

So THAT's how you do it!!! I just thought the sun sparkeled like that in California! haha!

Kate Benson said...

How do you not get horribe sunglare if you are directing your camera towards the sun?

Anonymous said...

Great Trick !

amynave said...

Hey,
I didn't know that either:)

What other ticks do you have up your sleeve??????????????

Jasmine said...

SO hot..both figuratively and literally ;)

Anonymous said...

Isn't that a fun trick. You can also throw a little fill flash in there. I love playing with the sun. Just don't stare at it too long... ; )

|| davidjay || said...

Rock on! David Beckstead is the master of flare! Checkout some of his flare shots in Rangefinder a couple of months ago!

Sarah Renée said...

That picture is beautiful! :)