Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Seminar


Seminar, originally uploaded by davidjay13.

One of the authors/speakers that I respect a lot is John Maxwell. I get a monthly CD from him where he teaches on a wide range of topics. In this month's packet came an opportunity to attend one of his 4 day workshops. I thought hmmmm...I wonder how other industries charge for things like this so I checked it out...and it seems that the guys at the top of our industry like Colon and Reggie who are offering their knowledge through these workshops are doing it for a bargain!

Maxwell charges $6,500.

:)

If you're wanting to learn from one of these guys I would do it fast because I'm guessing they'll start charging more and more.

7 comments:

Yunna said...

YOWZA!! That price tag evokes me to say that. I think I'd rather get myself a mark II! Now THAT would be SWEET. ^_^

Daniel J. Watkins said...

I charge $100,000. All I need is one student...

Anonymous said...

that would be hard to expect in our industry - because I don't know I think that I don't know what was the question again?

Jim Davis Hicks said...

i knew i should be charging more for my upcoming seminars!!!!!!

i guess i'll let mike and dennis and gary get a head start and i'll start out at their prices!!!!!

since after all . . . it is a discount.

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that the $100,000 does NOT include the gratuity. ;)

Liana said...

Hehe. John goes to my church. Great stuff. Doesn't he have other seminars for less though too?

The business ones I used to go to all the time averaged 2k a pop.

Daniel J. Watkins said...

And wasn't it a lot easier when a big company paid those education expenses? :)

$6,000 is a LOT of money off the bottom line for the average small business owner. I'm sure John is good...but the ROI has to be HUGE (and rather immediate) to justify that kind of an investment!!