Sunday, October 01, 2006

Disagree but don't divide...

I know the discussion about the Email below will continue but one thing I always want to say is thank you for caring about this and for caring about me enough to let me know when you agree and when you disagree.

In every decision I make there is the opportunity for me to make a mistake, and I have made many in my life. I'm seeking God in this as I have been for the last week and God is always good about letting me know when I screw up so I'll keep listening to Him and talking with all of you because you guys are my friends - whether we agree or disagree on something we're friends and I love you all.

"OSP" - All of you - have shown time and time again what an amazing community you are and how you handle disagreements is one of the key reasons why this place is so incredible. Don't forget that.

Friendships, Relationships, Communities are about people and about those people working out our differences and having security that the differences aren't going to divide us, the flames we experience in our relationships should be like the flames they use to refine and purify gold. It's the tough times that make us who we are.

Again, I love the fact that we're talking about this email about how I handled it and about who we are and how we should live our lives. I'm not upset with anybody and believe me I grew up with an older brother and we disagree on everything and I still love him and I love all of you and no disagreement will change that.

I'm here for you guys and I'm so blessed that you're here for me too...that's what it's all about and here's a little slideshow from my wedding yesterday.

:)

16 comments:

The Alpha Course said...

Beautiful words.

You know the feelings are reciprocated - right?

Lovely slideshow - gorgeous looking venue.

Bless you.

Mark

|| davidjay || said...

You bet Mark! :) Stoked to have these debates...it makes us all better!

Gary Fong, Author said...

Nothing unites like humor.

OK so - there's a man dying of thirst in a desert. He is down to his last ten feet of crawling when he happens upon a busy bar.

So he musters the strength to go inside, and he saunters up to the bar, tells the bartender that he is dying of thirst. The bartender says, "all we have here is whisky". The man doesn't drink alcohol, so they both don't know what to do!

So the bartender gets an idea - he says, "Hey there's a public spittoon over there, it's kind of gross but it will save your life". So the thirsty man says, "thank you" lifts the spitoon to his mouth and gulps down nearly a half gallon of phlegm.

The bartender is in shock. And he says, "How the heck did you drink all that?" to which the man replied, "I only wanted a sip, but I got stuck on a string that wouldn't end"

ron said...

DJ- I wondered how you would tie it all up after a "interesting" day - two things: excellent wrap-up and the second...way to shoot!

PS- Gary is nuts! :)

Davina said...

Very nice.... :)

and so true. :wub:

The Alpha Course said...

Gary = Gross!!!

Davina said...

Oh...Gary! That's just a really nasty image in my head now! I think I'm going to puke! Uhg.

Hilarious.

Dane Sanders said...

I still love hecklers.

Michelle said...

DJ,

I am blessed to be part of OSP, so thanks for all that you do.

Awesome slideshow!

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

If my auntie was a man, she'd be my uncle...

|| davidjay || said...

LOL...hmmm....who said that???

Gary Fong, Author said...

Jen, was that you?

Sarah Barlow said...

Very sweet slideshow! I don't care what you say...your work still so rocks!!! :)

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Who do you THINK said it...GOSH!!

Chris Humphreys said...

Gary,

Why did I read that joke right before eating dinner....

amynave said...

Wow!!! Love the wedding photographs.....

Wish I could have gone:( Next time:)