Monday, July 28, 2008

It's finally the beginning!


Tomorrow the Free to Succeed Tour kicks off here in Houston and tonight Lightroom v.2 is gonna be released and it's sick, sleek and super fast! I'll be showing how to dial it in on every stop! Each city is packing out fast with the bigger cities already exceeding their limits. We are trying to get bigger rooms b/c the big cities are already at 100+

I'm beyond excited about this but I have to give a shout out to my incredible asst. Crystal who at the 11th hour ruptured her Achilles!!! :( She's done such an incredible job planning this 21 city tour and dialing in all the arrangements and now she has to go into surgery this week and miss the beginning of it. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she'll be able to hop on for the second half and I think she will. She wanted to come even though she could barely walk but I didn't think that would be smart and it's a miracle that we were able to find somebody to be Crystal's substitute.

Two days ago when we found out she had to have surgery I immediately thought of my friend Shyla. She was the only person who fit the bill and so I emailed her and it is so crazy how her schedule fit EXACTLY in with our tour. Shyla is a stellar wedding photographer so she had jobs booked in California the first week in August and in Ohio the 23rd of August which ended up being the EXACT dates we're going through those places! Can you believe that! I seriously am the most blessed person ever to have this fall into place like it did.

So now I'm here and Jasmine* just arrived so we're gonna hang and then the rest of the clan arrives in a little bit!

See you soon!
DJ

21 comments:

RC said...

Awesome DJ! That bus is SWEET!

Regas

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gavin Seim said...

Pretty Exciting stuff man. Best of luck.

Gavin
ProPhotoShow.net

Sarah Shalley said...

yaaaaaaaay! I CANNOT wait to meet you and the rest of the crew tomorrow. I'll be there to help unload and setup...wearing a HUGE smile on my face. Be safe!

Sarah

Lifeprints said...

Sending prayers for safe travels! Can't wait to see you guys in O-town! Have a fabulous week! :)

Chris Williams said...

Lightroom V.2 is going to be released? In non-Beta form? It's not on any of the Adobe sites.

cu4photos said...

Can't wait to see you in Orlando.
Be safe and PLEASE beg Jasmine to come with you :)

Syed SYPhotography said...

See you in NYC !!! can't wait

cu4photos said...

One more thing DJ...I WANT A TEE-SHIRT!! :)

Unknown said...

Man look at that bus!! Somebody likes the unshaven version of himself :)

Lifeprints said...

I'm with Cindy on BOTH of her comments! J* and a shirt! PLEEEEEEZ??????

Willow Tree Photography said...

DJ - Ryan and I met you at your Alive seminar in Ohio and really enjoyed talking with you. We tried to e-mail you to let you know we were available if you needed anything while you were in town, but I'm not sure which e-mail address to use. Anyway - if you need ANYTHING while traveling through Ohio on August 23, we would be thrilled to help! Thanks for you inspirational message at Alive.

Lynn-Kai Chao said...

cant wait for SF! bring a tshirt for me pleassseee its my bday weekend hahahahah. =P

Julie said...

It's so amazing to me how God's always got our backs! sss''alllright, i gotch you! LOL, if the big guy talked like that.. cant wait to see ya in NY!! yeeeeee!!!!!!! Ill be the one trying not to spontaneous combust with excitement!

-JulieGendron

Tracy Anne said...

I emailed Crystal about being an ambassador for the Kansas City stop... but after learning about her medical mishap I wanted to make sure it didn't go unnoticed. I'm super new to the photography arena and would love an opportunity to be surrounded by such phenominal talent.

4 Leaf Photography said...

can't wait! My wife and I are the first ones here waiting outside the doors. :) I know, we're crazy huh??!!

plumtreestudios said...

Well, in case I botched it up on the video, I tried to gather my thoughts and posted all about your amazing seminar on my blog. I want to shout it from the rooftops: YOU CANNOT MISS THIS WORKSHOP!!

Thank you for once again inspiring me, teaching me, and renewing my faith in what I do, who I am and what I hope to become.

I meant what I said. You really are one of the great ones!

Much love,
Patricia

[ davidbrenot ] said...

Hey my freind !!!
What's a nice succes tour and great project !
Do you whant come in France and Europe with the Bus ;-)
Talk soon
David

loragaige said...

Hi DJ, So great meeting you in Houston! You and Jasmine were both just wonderful! Hope you have safe travels to Austin and around the rest of the USA!! :)

Amanda Key said...

Thank you for all the information that you shared tonight.
You are truly amazing!

Thanks again. Amanda Key

MattDJ said...

Dude...that bus is so sick!!! And here I thought that the images were all fake! Sweeeet. :-)