Saturday, December 01, 2007

Phil Wickham


The band from my church was opening for Phil Wickham last night and Crystal and I went down to check it out. The Reality band was fantastic and Phil was brilliant.

I don't know the first thing about music but I do know how to get people to spread the word about a product and one of the things that I think makes Phil such a hit is that he is super real. I've been around lots of artists (both music and otherwise) and one thing that separates successful artists from those who struggle is the way they view (and portray) themselves AND how their fans connect with that. I'm guessing that every single person at the show left liking HIM which does translate into liking his music.

I made a POLL on OSP - In the industry that you are in what percentage of your success is based on your personality? GO VOTE!

I'm stoked because I'm gonna get to hear him again at this year's Alive festival near Cleveland, Ohio! I've gone the last 3 years and it's the best time! This year I'm going to stay the whole time because the last two years I've had to leave early for weddings. If you're in that part of the country you should come and we could even do a little photo get-together at the festival!

5 comments:

Matt Hall said...

A photo get together would be awesome! We should get Jim Hicks to come along too! Let us know some details about what day you want get a group together.

drago said...

ummm yes, great idea! mainly because i live in cleveland. dj, why don't we put together a workshop staring you, during the week and we can pay and listen to you!

chantal stone said...

yay I'm so there!! A get-together would totally rock!

kennykimdotcom said...

DJ, we are so shooting a concert together next year.

Kimberlee West said...

phil wickham is one of my all-time FAVORITEs!!! :)