Saturday, December 22, 2007

Haha! Oh MY!

My friend Melissa Jill is an amazing photographer in AZ. I'm so proud of her because it was just a few years ago that she decided to dive into wedding photography and I've seen her life change so much since she decided to step out in faith and many of you know her and have seen her business boom!

One of the things that I believe has helped her succeed so fast is her blog. She blogs the way everyone should blog. I know for a lot of photographers the temptation is to use their blog as a quick way to blast their photos out there and that is nice but we want to see more of YOU! Post up your life! Post up WHO YOU ARE - AND - What you do! Both are important.

Melissa has a cool thing she does where she made this big long list of things she wants to do and then she checks them off as she accomplishes them and it's fun to track with her as she reaches her goals and experiences her dreams!

Melissa has been a friend of mine since I was really little and she found this awesome picture of us, probably from a Thanksgiving dinner, when I was only 10 years old and she was 14! Looks like I had a huge bowl of soup or something. No donuts though :(

Click here and go see more on her blog!

6 comments:

Sarah Barlow said...

HAHAHA!
Aww! You were so cute!

STEVE DePINO said...

Your hair style is pretty slick in that photo :)

Natalie Joy said...

absolutely adorable:)

Patricia Wells said...

That's so great!

jamiedelaine said...

I totally agree with your comments. I love reading "personal" blogs. Sometimes I feel like I post TOO much about "my" life and not my photography, but I guess I should keep doing it!

P.S. Funny picture!!

Melissa Jill :) said...

You're so funny David. I think that's the gravy.