Monday, November 12, 2007

Wonderful weekend


The wedding was great and a bunch of you got to tune in and see us shooting at the salon! How fun was that! If you got to see us shooting post up and let me know how it was because that was just a test but I know over 50 people were watching so that's cool!

The real treat was getting to shoot with Jasmine Star who I believe to be the hottest thing in the industry right now as well as my new friend Kimberlee West who is an incredible photographer and an absolute doll. She's from San Diego and she totally saved my butt when I made a "rookie mistake" (as Brett put it) during the recessional. My card filled up and I had to grab her camera to catch the bride and groom walking out. lol. She posted some pictures and said the sweetest things about the weekend on her blog so be sure to check it out!

Now this week all the Showit guys are in Santa Barbara for a week of planning and prioritizing as we plan for another great year. Many people think that I create the Showit apps and that's funny because I'm certainly not that smart. Really all of you invent them. I just listen to what you need and find people who can make the solutions. The success of my software company as well as my photography business has been largely dependent on one thing - listening.

18 comments:

Vick Prizma Productions said...

Hi DJ,

It was nice seeying you guys in action it was so much fun, but it would be better if you could move the camera a bit once in a while so we can see different angles.

Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us


Vatche

Jasmine said...

Did you end up stopping by In-n-Out? It was a little past 1:30am by the time I made my way into the OC and because you planted that craving in my mind...I HAD to stop for a grilled cheese!! ;)

Kimberlee West said...

Ha ha! I stopped for In-n-Out on my way back to San Diego, too! :) I was practically falling asleep at the wheel, so at about 1am I decided to pull over for a little snack to keep me awake (fries & coke- real healthy, huh?)

Nathan Sawatzky Photography said...

DJ it's so great to see all of you sitting there drumming up ideas and products to help all of us...it's like watching Da Vinci at his desk with pencil in hand..wonder how history would have changed if He had a MacBook Pro!

Unknown said...

It was amazing seeing you in action, couldn't believe it was real!!

I love your work, you and your friends are a whole bunch of artists :-)

MattDJ said...

Had a shoot that day and totally missed it. Reminds me of back in the day anxiously waiting with friends for the (then) WWF pay-per-view Wrestlemanias to come on! :-) REEEAAALLY looking forward to your next one. What a cool idea.

moorephoto said...

Hey DJ I totally got to catch you at the salon working it! I saw you using the 50mm 1.0 and even caught Jasmine in the background!! I thought it was her before you even mentioned she was there! Can't wait to see the images from the wedding. You guys ROCK!!

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Dude...Jasmine would be the hottest thing in almost any industry...

joshua gene said...

I think that's a first to have an actual photo session online as it's happening, sure some people have live pictures streaming at the reception but to have it all online that's awesome! I only wish I could see a replay. Keep up the innovation you rock DJ!

Ginger Murray said...

Nice suit, DJ!

itsystitch said...

Sweet jacket! I loved the real feed, please do it again. I will be an addict! Who are these lucky people that get groups of awesome photographers to document their weddings. :)

Olivia said...

Hey DJ, I totally admire you and love everything you do. I just bought Showit Web earlier this year and my only wish is that it had an auto-arrange feature for organizing the photos. It always uploads them out of order and it takes some time to drag and drop them back into place. Otherwise, I love it and my clients really enjoy it as well. Keep up the awe-inspiring work!

Mike Larson said...

50 1.2 as well, its INSANE!!!

Jason Albright said...

DJ you're out having all this fun with Gary and at weddings with jasmine...and I'm wondering if you've made time to exercise lately? I know I sure haven't :) That's why I've challenged you and Deyl to a 30-day Nike+ challenge, TX vs. CA. Starts tomorrow...

Cheryl May said...

that's super cute that you and Bret wore matching shirts ;-)

Sarah Renée said...

I'm lovin the oufit DJ! The belt's a nice touch to the whole thing. :) Aaaanyway, that picture of you taking the bride and groom is definitely a favorite...hope you're doin well!

Unknown said...

I love the shot you have here of you on the ground. Couldn't agree with you more about the listening...it's the true key to success.

Nicky said...

As the bride in the photos, I can't think of a more heartfelt, tallented, inspiring photographer then DJ. It was truely a blessing to have him magicly capture our most special moments. And yes, he looked FANTASTIC in that suit!