Saturday, November 03, 2007

What a night - What a life



Last night Allie and I went down to hang with Gary and Missy and Denis and Beth. It was quite a night! Gary took us out for a sunset cruise on his yacht and it was incredible! There's something so magical about being out on the water and seeing the sky go deep blue and the city lights begin to glow behind you. It's so fun because even though I live so far from my friends I still see them every couple of weeks!

I was also super stoked because Denis brought me his coveted Canon 50mm f/1.0 lens! He said he had shot some of his favorite images with this lens so I am beyond stoked that he passed it on to me. I'm so excited to shoot with this lens. It was discontinued a long time ago and they are really hard to find. It's incredible and no other lens can get shots like this one can!

12 comments:

Chris Humphreys said...

And Dennis swore he was gonna give me that lens....

:)

Delwyn Rutley said...

can i have your hand-me downs?

Nicholaus Haskins said...

Dude....DJ....is that your GIRLfriend? Yaaay!

Sara France Photography said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Daniel J. Watkins said...

It's not the arrow buddy...it's the Indian...

;)

Grisanti said...

Note to DR and DJ:
I love well-cared-for used Canon gear and would be happy to "adopt" any castoffs. :)
Better photography thru osmosis???

kennykimdotcom said...

1.0? What the "f"? :-) That's awesome! I never even heard of a lens that has that "f"-stop.

Glad you had a good time!

Unknown said...

Aww its fun seeing pictures of you and Allie! Put more up! :)

Tim Halberg said...

You suck!!! I've wanted that lens for sooooooo long!!!

Stoked for you, now I'm gonna have to beg you to let me assist for you so I can try that lens out!

dougphoto said...

there's one on KEH.com right now I think it's like 3700

Brittany Leigh said...

isnt that the BEST lens ever!!! i've gotten some really cool stuff with it!!

LaCour said...

If you wanna be a ninja photographer, you've gotta have a ninja lens :)

Rachel