Saturday, May 12, 2007

Stellar

Ok..me and my friend Amy Nave always joke with each other about traveling and so a couple of days ago we were both staying at the Barlows and she was flying out and was just heading out the door and I was like why are you leaving so early. She was leaving at 10:00am for 12:30pm flight. The Barlows live 30 minutes from the airport and so she would've been there two hours early! I slowed her down a bit and it's so fun to watch her stress out. Seriously...it's great... but then b/c I'm a nice guy I showed her some tricks for getting through O'hare really quick b/c I am a self proclaimed expert.

So today I had my flight out and my flight was at 10:00am. The 10:00am fight through LA is the best one because it's not super early and it allows me to just catch the LA -> SB flight at 2:05 so I still have half the day at home.

So anyway, we left the Barlows at 8:50am which is 1hr and 10 minutes before my flight. Awesome...and Sarah got me to the airport at 9:20 so when I was checking in my flight was actually boarding...but I was sure to take some extra time to get a photo.

I didn't run but I walked real fast and got to the gate at 9:40 which means that I got from the Barlow Inn to my gate at O'hare in exactly 50 minutes!

I've been putting some travel tips up on one of my other blogs so check it out if you're bored.

I'm on the plane right now....gotta fly. :)

11 comments:

Nathan Sawatzky Photography said...

DJ, I just love reading about your daily adventures! Just thought I'd leve you a comment. Your such an encouragment! Please drop me a line!

Keats Elliott Photography said...

DJ -- I want to hear your tricks on getting through airport security gracefully. I usually end up laughing because I feel so exposed standing there in my barefeet, no sweater, multiple bins, and lap top out of the case :) I like to watch how different "personalities" deal with being "naked" like that... it's funny how much stuff we put on to just "be" ourselves :) and then how vulnerable we feel when we are not in control of that "image." Spill the beans -- what are your tricks?

amynave said...

You Are hilarious!!!!! You totally stress me out. Just remember the fast walk doesn't count as exercise. I think the funniest part was when you said "you're not leaving right now, you are waiting till 11:00". Oh ya and "we need to go through traveling 101". DORK....

Natalie Joy said...

And the funniest thing about him saying that was that you actually DIDNT leave till 11! I gotta learn these pursuasion tips:P jk

|| davidjay || said...

I tried to strap on my Nike + to log the fast walk but didn't have time. :)

Yea...when you woke me up and I was like "I thought your flight wasn't till 12" and you said "it's not till 12:30" that was so funny.

I bet you were still pretty early huh? Did you like the Bag Check and Security trick....way fast ey!

:)

kennykimdotcom said...

that's awesome - I clicked on that link about travel tips and saw how much miles you racked up - my jaw literally dropped. crazy dude...

|| davidjay || said...

Seriously! It's insane! I'm already at 50k for this year! ...and so many more places to go!

:)

amynave said...

Yes:) The bag check was amazing!!!!!! That was my first traveling 101 lesson from you and I was sooooo surprised that it actually was faster. When you first told me about it I was thinking, "Ya whatever David Jay".

Yes I was still a little early so I had time to grab a nice big starbucks and make about 5 phone calls:) LOL....

Raya Carlisle said...

Geez, DJ. I thought we were friends and here I find you've been blogging behind my back. Do you have any other secrets you'd like to share?

Sarah Renée said...

Wowww...getting to and through o'hare in 50 minutes is pure amazing! You are truly gifted DJ ;)

Tim Co. said...

i just think of O'hare as a big gym...running from the B concourse to the C concourse (and I do mean running) with a camera bag and rolling carryon and going across the people movers and up and down the 2 gigantic flights of stairs is about all the exercise I get but man its an intense workout :-)