Monday, May 14, 2007

Art of the Deal


I was amped when I came home from this last trip because a couple of books I had ordered had come in and one of them was Trumps, "Art of the Deal" - My buddy Deyl recommended that I read it and I'm loving it! I had to order it b/c nobody sells the hard back version anymore and I hate reading paper back books. Reading a paper back book is like eating a nice filet on a paper plate or drinking wine out of a plastic cup. If I'm gonna invest time and energy into a book I want a real one.

On the first page trump says,

"I try not to schedule too many meetings...you can't be imaginative or entreprenurial if you've got too much structure. I prefer to just come to work each day and see what develops."

This is a lot like I work. I hate planning things and I like to keep my options open. To get me to commit to anything is like pulling teath and my friends will verify that I always give myself an out. Yes - this is also probably why I'm still single....

:)

8 comments:

aboutimage said...

True here too -- I love an out or a reason not to commit...but I see it working against me more then for me. It tends to annoy others I find.

Alison B. said...

hey you're wearing your TNPUG shirt!!!
woo hoo!

kennykimdotcom said...

I like your analogy - eating filet on paper plate, drinking wine in a paper cup... :-)

Paige Kearin said...

I like not scheduling too many things too.

Brett Austin said...

How about drinking hidden wine directly from a box in a mini-fridge?!?

That's probably more like pulling your "T-E-E-T-H" rather than your teath! :o)

Holritz Photography said...

Woohoo! TN PUG tshirt :)

Check out my blog, I added that picture of addison look oh so unimpressed with your snazzy biz card :)

loves.

a

Deyl said...

whatever you think about trump and his ego, one thing's for sure: he thinks with no restraints and that's rare. thats fun stuff :)

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Ha, I relate all too well. My friends think I seriously have commitment phobia too.

p.s. I'm excited, I just got an email saying I received my first Show It DVD order from a bride! Woo hoo!