Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Rambling...

I just spent 19 minutes listening through voicemails. I really don't like voicemails and I just use my phone to talk to my business partners who live far away so it's not possible to have face to face meetings.

With my friends I just like to get together with them instead of talking on the phone. It's much better that way because the phone just isn't fun.

I also use my phone to check emails and I'm gonna try and organize what comes into my blackberry so it's only relevant email and not all the forum posts and notifications because then stuff gets buried too fast because I can't sort them on the phone like I can on the computer. My text messages always get buried too and I only get them if the phone is right next to me when it comes in.

7 comments:

Raya Carlisle said...

Now I'm going to leave you voicemails just to annoy you...

Deyl said...

as fun as technology is, i can't help but be honest and sometimes long for the days when you could only be reached for comment in the local tavern :)

Gary Fong, Author said...

I took the orders off from coming to my phone. It was disrupting my life LOLG

|| davidjay || said...

Gary - You removed the IV! Was there a detox period...

Deyl - I like the meeting in the tavern idea!

Blah Blah said...

I couldn't even image the volume of emails, calls and text messages you get in 1 day. It's probably the same amount I would get in a year! ha-ha

Kevin Sturm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin Sturm said...

I hate listening to voicemails as well, and then I learned about this sweet program called SpinVox on Guy Kawasaki's blog. They just got their US division up and I downloaded the software. Now, all of my voicemails are converted to text and sent to me as an email. I can just setup a filter so they get routed to a different box, and now I never have to listen to voicemail again (until I have to delete them, which is kind of a bummer feature I hope they fix). Anyway, check out www.spinvox.com if you think it may help.