Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy Friday

Thank you for the love and support all of you shared below.

I love Anne Sexton's quote "The joy that isn't shared dies young." All of you make my life rich and meaningful and I'm so blessed to have you guys to share it with.

There's a neat story I read the other day about a little boy who was trying to lift a heavy stone but he couldn't even budge it so his dad asked "Are you sure you're using all your strength?"
The boy said, "Yea, I am!"
His dad said "No you're not...because you haven't asked me to help you."


One of the best lessons I've learned is that I can't do much on my own. In business or life I've realized that to accomplish anything great you must have a team and you must ask people to help you.

This wedding was no different. Dane, Jules, Brett, and the dozens of others involved in this production made it the incredible wedding that it was. All I had to do was click the shutter.

5 comments:

Holritz Photography said...

Well said!

Deyl said...

and be really, really, ridiculously good looking :)

Daniel J. Watkins said...

DJ -- let me know if I can ever help you! :)

Jules Bianchi said...

I love your philosophy of bringing along good team members to your shoots. I have always had such an amazing time and feel SO much more relaxed when I have someone great on my team. Let me know if you ever want to come shoot for me as well, I would love to have you along!

Good story, btw.

Stacy Cross said...

You're such a doll, DJ. I just want to pinch you cheeks! :)