Saturday, January 27, 2007

A day to remember


So I don't know where to begin... Technically today actually started with 3 hours of dancing and for those of you that know me you know that getting me to dance is like pulling teeth and getting me to do anything I don't enjoy for 3 hours is next to impossible so you're safe drawing the conclusion that not only did I enjoy it but Vanessa actually had to pull me off the dance floor! :)

....Then after not nearly enough sleep this day seemed to start again and we were off to see all sorts of art and stuff like that. I admit art really isn't something I get that stoked on but Vanessa knows how to do the museum thing. She sees the important stuff and a bit of the other stuff along the way and then gets on with it.

After that we headed up the top of the Eiffell Tower and I took this picture kinda of as a memory of how this experience has been for me. Very vibrant, crazy and seemingly out of control.

Now the dinner boat....this was so fun! Right behind the tower you can hop on these super nice boats that take you through the whole city....it feels like Disneyland but it's real life! They bring out amazing wine and lots of food.

Now for the real adventure...so...after all this we hopped on a train back to the Trianon Palace where we are staying and I guess we were a little distracted because we got on the wrong train and then we got off the train to just grab a taxi back but we were quite a ways out in the country side and it was 1am by this point so there weren't any taxis or even people for that matter so we just started walking and kept walking and a French man pointed us in the right direction but we walked forever until Vanessa thought they might understand hitchiking here but the cars kept wizzing by and we were actually having a great time so we didn't really care but then all of a sudden a bus stopped! We couldn't believe it! You can see it on the short video below!



Today is definitely a day to be remembered!

16 comments:

ron said...

I am so glad you are both having a lot of fun. These moments make the best memories!

swan said...

I just hope the bus actually took them to Versailles. Maybe they've been kidnapped... Of course, seems like they're having a blast, so maybe it wouldn't matter?

Loads of fun, DJ. Keep sending us the postcards.

c r y s t a l said...

Sounds like you two are having a blast!! I loved the video! hilarious!

stay safe!

Regis said...

DJ, I hear lots of huffing and puffing on the video. You must be holding a very big and heavy video camera... cause I know it can't be because you are out of shape.

Anonymous said...

Hey David !
Wahow, what an incredible trip !
Enjoy your last days in Europe and have a safe trip to UK.
I hope you'll be back soon to our old country.
All the best for you and Vanessa.

Sarah Renée said...

Wow DJ! I haven't been on here for a while so I've been looking at your blogs from the past few days and it all looks amazing! What an adventure!!

JeffersonTodd said...

Sounds like you're having a blast bro! Keep sharing the fun videos.

Paige Kearin said...

Did I call it or what?

Jasmine said...

LOL......i LOVE it!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a FUN adventure! LOL! I'm tellin ya, dancing can get addicting really fast! So watch out! Hahahaha! So when are we going to see the footage of you on that dance floor? Hmmmm?

amber said...

so good to see everything is working out so perfectly!! see nothing to be scared of ;) well hope the rest of your trip is a blast and your trip home is safe and sound!

faithsalutes said...

Didnt you ever travel in college? Hmm. I am glad you get to do it now...all my trips in and out of college were like this...madness, missed trains, sleeping with friends, dancing til 3 or 4...I think we can be better friends now that you know what that all feels like...it changes you for the better. Let yourself be free! The Crew is headed to hometown for the weekend...We'll pick on you when we are all back in action.

Shyla said...

I think Vanessa kinda looks like Paige! Are they related or has Vanessa just been working with her too long??

Shyla said...

;)

Sara France Photography said...

Oh, you two are cute together! I am glad you are having so much fun! I loved to read the story on Paige's blog too! Have a blast DJ! You deserve it!

Jord said...

this is going to be a trip niether of you will ever forget. wink