Saturday, June 03, 2006

Close Call :)

So yesterday I had breakfast with my buddy Deyl and we always eat at 6:45 so I had my alarm set super early and forgot to change it BUT THAT WAS GOOD!

...because when I got outta bed to turn my alarm off I remembered that I had parked in a place where there was a no parking sign for today so I threw on my shorts and ran down there just in time! ....and it was really weird because even though the sign said "No Parking 1am - 10am" they were just now getting around to towing me at 7:30...


When I got down there my new friend Sergio was just loadin' up my car to take it away so I just gave him an extra $20 not to take it and he was stoked! ... in fact he was so happy that he started to point out all the cute girls that were walking by and then he said, "I love my job - there are always hot girls around." ...and I just said, "me too brother. have a nice day."

Happy Saturday everyone and happy shooting to those of you that have gigs and remember when the road is closed do not park on it.

:)

17 comments:

Sarah Barlow said...

That's hilarious!!!
When I had to get my car towed I was thinking of just pushing it into an unlawful place and have them tow it for me...LOL! Although I don't think it would have ended up at the repair shop...hehe!

Tim Halberg said...

See, at least you're smart enough to know to give the man hard cash... I've seen people beg the two guy not to take their car, and they say they have to get paid for their trip out there, and people just don't get it...

|| davidjay || said...

oh yea - you gotta pay the guy and it's way cheaper to just pay the dude off than to have to pay for it at the lot (as you know Mr. Halberg) :)

KC - I have an Acura and I love it. :)

Joe Barlow, a pastor, 10th of 14 kids, father of 7, husband of one beautiful wife said...

Just keep us entertained DJ. No matter how much it costs!

SamTheMan said...

Hey DJ,
I'm really glad you got to your call before it was gone. And, you even made a little piece of art out of the photo you took. Hang in there man and enjoy your weekend off. Also, have you thought about me tagging along as your valet in Hawaii? OK, what about a 4th shooter? ;-)

Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

And I love DJ's Acura too :)

jn

Michael Norwood said...

What the heck?! Do you always have a camera with you? That happened to me a few months ago but I was asleep and heard the truck beeping as it backed up to my car. That's a terrible feeling!

|| davidjay || said...

haha....one of my eyes is fake and it's actually a 1 megapixel p&s perfect for blogging.

Jim Davis Hicks said...

Considering that guy's comment it's pretty funny it's called "love's" towing.

Good thinking on the cash. Sounds like tim taught you that method.

God bless.

Jim Davis Hicks said...

Considering that guy's comment it's pretty funny it's called "love's" towing.

Good thinking on the cash. Sounds like tim taught you that method.

God bless.

Jim Davis Hicks said...

i liked my comment so much that i posted it twice.

for real how do you get rid of a comment if you submit it twice?

Michael Juiliano said...

love's towing. i see a photo/towing merger in the future.

Anonymous said...

Good idea Michael. DJ you could predesign the album of high end autos that were towed away and upsell.... wait a minute, sorry, wrong blog.

Richard Wong said...

It looks like you live near downtown? You're lucky.

Keep up the good work, I like your style.

Sara France Photography said...

Crazy SB! The parking is out of control. How can you be expected to be on top of it all the time? ;) xxoo

Shyla said...

LOL... I feel like I am always responding to your posts with "haha" or "LOL"..but Deej, your life is just so entertaining! Thanks for making us smile!

:)

Ana Gabriela said...

HAHAHA!