Monday, March 10, 2008


This morning was fantastic! Coming to Germany was such a wonderful treat and I love the people here! I've met some absolutely incredible photographers and gotten to spend the last couple of days at the stellar Foto Werkstatt convention.

Michael Belz and his team at Foto Werkstatt put on the classiest convention I've ever seen and I've been to many very nice ones but I have been blown away at the level of experience Foto Werkstatt has produced... and It's their 20th year reunion! :)

Here's just a quick image from this morning!



I spoke about my images and my Freestyle approach to shooting.... it was really fun. I almost never do but they asked for that and I really enjoyed going back to my roots a bit and talking photography! There were 300 photographers there from 5 or 6 different countries and they were doing live translation through wireless headsets which was really cool.

I leave tomorrow to head back to the U.S. to get ready for WPPI which is always a whirlwind!

* The image above was shot by the beautiful and talented Allison Trowbridge and she insisted on retaining the copyright so all rights reserved. Yea right :P

8 comments:

Jasmine said...

Awww, a piece of JD and I are there with you guys!! ;)

Dawn Davis said...

You are such an amazing "Connector"

Michael J Charles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael J Charles said...

The ultimate wedding photographer megalomaniac rock star!

Keep rockin' DJ!

MJC

Daniel J. Watkins said...

You need to go to some place really exotic...Jefferson City, MO. :) It's not near my house...but it would add to your already impressive collection of suitcase stickers...you'll be the envy of Monaco w/ your Jefferson City sticker...

Daniel J. Watkins said...

I'll get you a Jefferson City rocks t-shirt. It's almost as cool as a Wall Drug bumper sticker...

Peter Robert Osiecki said...

David...I met you at the NHPPA seminar on Super Bowl Sunday in New Hampshire. I had a great time listening to your talk. Well it's 3 am in NH and I'm just finishing up some work on my blog. I took your advice and set one up...hey I plopped my slide show that I produced in ShowIt Web right in it. That was so cool and easy. Thanks for the inspiration and the ease in getting there. Looks like fun in Germany.

PRO

Michael P. said...

I´ve been at the convention and David, you were great and we really had fun with you.

You inspired lots of people there.
Keep doing this and it would be great to see you in Germany again!

Greetings, Michael