Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yea! I'm online!

For all of you who thought I couldn't go without email or my phone this is proof that I can! I just went 48 hours without any access to the web/email/or my phone! Ha! Someone cut the wrong wire and a big chunk of Paris is without internet - even the Apple headquarters!

I've been having a blast at the workshop and the first day was long (16 hours) and I was tired after only getting two hours of sleep but we got through a lot of important info and then today was super fun! Bob Davis (insanely amazing) went through a everything you cold imagine about remote lighting and it was incredible!

Then we went out and did a night shoot in the city and WOW was that fun! The couple was gorgeous and Bob did his remote lighting and I did all natural light to show everyone how cool of shots you can get both ways!

This shot was taken in near darkness at f/2.8 - ISO 1600 and hand held at 1/10 sec and both of these are straight out of the camera - I love it!


...and this one was taken at a bus stop at f/2.8 - ISO 2500 and hand held at 1/20 sec - She is WOW! :)
Ok...gotta go get a few hours of sleep before the final day tomorrow. I bought a Paris outfit today so I will post a picture of my new outfit soon.

21 comments:

Sarah Barlow said...

WOW! How in the world are you still alive! God must really have a call on your life.

ron said...

DJ-Great shots!
Are these with the Mark lll 70-200IS?
And are you shooting with the 5D as well?

Anonymous said...

Hey David!
Today you was a real great french guy!
See you tomorrow morning!
Thank you for everything you've made for all of us!

Robin DePaula said...

Love the images . . .

Detra, Matt 19:26 said...

This is terrible, but the only thing I want to know is if you got to see Eva Longoria's wedding pictures -- as IF you would post that online! ;-) I can't believe how insanely busy you are! Sleep. DJ, sleep!!!

Jasmine said...

"I bought a Paris outfit today so I will post a picture of my new outfit soon."

:) This sounds like a movie line straight out of Clueless or Legally Blond...I love it! We were destined to be friends, Deej! :D

Dawn Davis said...

Hey DJ, What fun it was to connect with you in Paris! Glad to hear the workshop is going well. I just loved Samuel and Emmanuel. xoxoxo ~ Dawn

Sarah Renée said...

Cool stuff! Now get some rest!! :)

kennykimdotcom said...

DJ, you crack me up. I love it. Keep the posts coming. You are making me jealous of your M1 III (Note to self: thou shall not covet thy neighbor's camera... though shall not covet...)

Kevin Keith said...

Wow DJ! You really push the ISO on your photos. What body are you using? Love the photos!

Michelle Williams said...

DJ,

Great shot. ISO 2500!?! I would never consider going above ISO 800 on my camera. Just too darn noisy!

Deyl said...

outfit?? are you bringing back matching tops for us again :)

swan said...

Yum. Great stuff.

Bruce, you must be shooting Nikon! :) I have the Canon Mark II and I shoot weddings at 1600 or 3200 all the time. I love it! The Mark III is supposed to have half the noise of the Mark II at all ISO levels -- and go to 6400 ISO! DJ has one, maybe he shot these with it?

swan said...

DJ, does the outfit have horizontal black/white stripes with a red scarf?

Ginger Murray said...

AND a beret!


Europeans have incredible style, and great places to shop.
You must have only gotten 2 hours of sleep because you were out shopping;)

amynave said...

Please post a picture of your outfit soon!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should have a guessing came of what we think your outfit will look like.

Mike Larson said...

dude, SICK shots near the wall, sweet moses... back in france again, your travel schedule makes me look like i sit on the couch all day, and i travel a LOT!

Emmanuel Speciale said...

C Bon Bon, C bon pour le moral :)

david bornais said...

Yesterday night, It was amazing with Bob and you !
Thank's very much to share like that with us.
You Rock :) !
C BON :)

|| davidjay || said...

Awwww...you guys are too sweet. Really it was all the couple. I mean can you believe how gorgeous they are.

...and yes I was shooting with Canon's Mark III camera which is stellar! :)

Jean-Christophe Rey-Robert said...

Hello David I am jean christophe, I was so sad I could not go to Paris to see you and Bob Davis in the work shop..but Y was very buzy?
After your last workshop I decided to create my own blog...
http://jcreyrobert.blogspot.com/
and Y am very happy and suprised by the number of visitI had in a very shot time ...thank you thank you for your experiance and sharring it
jean christophe