Wednesday, February 25, 2009

From Scratch!

Dude - this was awesome.

Mike Larson is one of my favorite photographers, businessmen and most of all a huge inspiration to me as a man of faith who loves his wife and works incredible hard to help other people. He drives down 2 hours from SLO each week to be part of the Christian photographers meetings and last night he came early to hangout and taught me how to make squash ravioli from scratch!

I didn't have a lot of the needed utensils like blenders or a roller pin thing so we used wine bottles to thin out the dough. It was a good workout.

Then after that we baked the squash I had the job of scooping it out of the skin. I wasn't very good at that but Mike was patient with me.

Then came the fun parts where we put the dough through this machine Mike brought over and rolled it super thin. We had to keep decreasing the number on the side of the machine and then it was like paper thin. I don't know how it stayed together.



We used the Foosball table for the production and folding of the ravioli.

It was insanely awesome and I have a lot more in my freezer to keep eating this week!

15 comments:

Ginger Murray said...

ugh, you're killing me. I'm super hungry now! I love pretty much all food (seriously), but pasta is one of my faves. Just had butternut squash ravioli on Monday at Green Mill. So freaking good.

Did Mike throw the pasta dough into the air like he does with his camera? ha:)

|| davidjay || said...

Haha! He totally did! I have it on video! lol

kennykimdotcom said...

that totally looks good! wow!

mark said...

Holy smokes, I guess you do like wine! What a collection. You should do a blog post about your wines. I think it would be pretty interesting!

Thanks for all you do my man.

michelle ford said...

ok.. using the foosball table as an extension of the kitchen is a crack up.

wildflowr said...

Ah- so you've discovered the joys of making pasta! I used to do that (prior to sons 2 & 3). It really spoils you- beware!

wildflowr said...

Hey I just realized something- that guy Mike Larson shot my cousin's wedding! I remember hanging out with him... its a small small world.

Kimberlee West said...

So impressed right now... nice job guys! :)

melissa o said...

This seems really cruel...

Delicious and wonderful, but cruel.

GreenScarfProject said...

Impressiiiive! Yikes it sounds delicious...pasta is a great weakness of mine. =P

Christie Mumm said...

Mmmm sounds yummy, and I just have to mention all the wine bottles in the background, looks like it was a fun meeting!!

Emily Faulknor said...

Hey David, how fun! Um, so when and where are those Christian photographer meetings? I would be really interested in attending.

Mike Larson said...

DJ, Stoked to cook with you man! lets heat it up next time and maybe even do a cook-off battle!
dude, i want to see the pasta in the air video!

I'll shoot you over some of the video clips, as soon as I get to Costa Rica, its a bit crazy until then!

Meg said...

Holy Moly- enough bottles of wine? :)

Unknown said...

i had to use a wine bottle here at Erik's before my kitchen moved into his. *sigh* men. ;-)