Monday, December 04, 2006

Cancun Cooking


Today was so fun! Well...it didn't start off fun b/c I had to spend a couple of hours collecting all these emails for my attorney so we can deal with this web hosting thing. It sucks but we are making progress. Gary took this picture because I turned my desk in my room around so at least I can work looking out at the ocean. :)

It was really hot here today so we hungout at the pool and then Gary signed us up for a cooking class which was super fun. It was like a competition and Gary and I dominated...I think we won because I made my secret "Caballero" sauce that you'll see in the video.

Here are some photos!

They are such lovebirds...


Me making my Caballero sauce!





The girls botched their sauce so we won.


They are good losers though...


Gary and Missy really bonded with our chef teacher.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you spent part of your time in FREAKIN CANCUN dealing with Bliksem!!!

This is what I just got off Invision:

"Our datacenter techs are in the process of allocating the hardware for your server. I will update you when the server is online and ready for use."

Once that's done, I'll install & GO with OSP and restoring that backup.

amynave said...

Dude, post the video where the Chef said that our sauce was perfect:) We totally won:)

It's ok just admit it, you'll feel better:)

|| davidjay || said...

Matt you're freaking awesome man! Thanks for getting that sick server! I am so excited!!!

Melissa Carl said...

DJ- now you know that it's not nice to lie and that it will come back around full circle! ADMIT WHEN YOU HAVE LOST!

Amy and I kicked your BUTTS!!! I made the best pancakes and Amy made the best sauce.

It's SO ON!!! You are SO getting it tomorrow!!!!

|| davidjay || said...

ok....so I guess I have to take back what I said about the girls being good losers...I guess as the shame set in they have now reached a stage of denial and it's quickly approaching a stage of anger...

Tim Halberg said...

I sooooo need to take a cooking class!!

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Cooking class? I think I need to take like a plumbing class...or maybe a cracked concrete repair class...or even a deck repair class. Wait, are these things you can learn in a few hours?

Anonymous said...

Cancun is so much fun. If you have time, take the ferry to Isla Mujeres and rent a moped. The island is only 5 miles long and 1/2 mile wide - it's great for exploring!

Anonymous said...

dj, do you make coffee too?
if so, i would like a triple skinny two thirds decaf half chocolate no whip grande mocha, extra foam.

J@KE said...

Since when does DJ cook???? Last time I checked he only had TV dinners in his freezer....... What happened?? Has DJ been saved from the TV dinner monster?

Even though you probably did win it's common practice to let the girls think they won just to save yourself from total destruction.

J@KE

|| davidjay || said...

Anything you want boss! :) Do they have that at Dunkin Donuts?

...Jake - I would feel bad about misleading the ladies. I'm so honest and I know it's probably hard for them to know how badly we beat them but I just can't lie. I dunno....